Friday, November 05, 2010

Nostalgia: Chevrolet Impala

Chevrolet ImpalaI love going through pictures I have taken over the years and comparing the different cameras used. It is always interesting to see how the technology has improved. And, of course, I keep asking myself if an upgrade to the latest  equipment is really necessary. Take this picture of an old Chevvy for example. It was taken two years ago with a Leica Digilux 3 - only 7.5m pixels, a bit clunky, but still great results. Full pic

Leica M3 pictureThen, the name Leica starts me hankering for the days of film and the M series... Leica M3
And what about that o-so-practical classic, the Olympus OM1. Yes, I've used them all! Below is a picture I took in Bergen, Norway, about 17 years ago, using an OM1, with the standard 50mm Zuiko lens and Kodak negative film.  Norway pictures

Bergen Norway picture Olympus Om1

No comments: