Monday, June 20, 2011

Australian man drinks 6 bottles of hand sanitiser liquid to get drunk in hospital

A patient being treated for alcoholism in an Australian hospital drank six bottles of alcohol-based hand sanitiser to get drunk.

His blood/alcohol level was five times higher than the Australian legal limit for driving after drinking the gel, which has an ethanol content of 66 per cent.

Dr. Michael Oldmeadow, of The Alfred hospital in Melbourne city, said that although the incident was not the first of its kind, it was the most serious case. "It's horrendous. You'd think it would taste pretty bad."



No comments: